Country Roads of Switzerland - Classic Group, 2021
Country Roads Of Switzerland – Classic Group, 2021
An intimate journey of discovery amid stunning Alpine panoramas. This itinerary includes riding on the famous Glacier Express and staying in some of Switzerland’s most enchanting hotels.
- Lucerne: Join your Travel Director and fellow travelers for your Welcome Dinner served with wine.
- Lake Geneva: Visit Domaine Wannaz, a family-run winery overlooking Lake Geneva. After a tasting enjoy delicious Farm-to-Table fare, of course accompanied with these local wines.
- Zermatt: Choose between fine local restaurants, with an option to experience the typical Swiss meal of fondue, on your Dine-Around Evening.
- Zurich: Raise your glass and enjoy a delicious dinner at a local restaurant for your Celebration Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 13 Breakfast (B), 5 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Stanserhorn: Choose between a walk along beautiful scenic pathways for a chance to see native animals or alternatively, join a Swiss ranger to learn about local fauna and flora.
- Bellinzona: Explore the stunning town of Bellinzona with your Local Expert. Julie will passionately share with you her insights into the three marvellous castles, and her personal stories about how she fell in love with this city and decided to move to the area.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Swiss countryside is some of the most beautiful in the world. Enjoy drives along Lake Geneva, passing the Vaud Alps and Rhône Valley. Continue through the Simplon Pass, Italian Lake District, Grison Region, San Bernardino, Julier Pass and Engadine Valley. Journey by the Schöllenen Gorge, Grindelwald Valley, through the Brünig Pass and pass Lakes Lungern and Sarnen.
- Stanserhorn Summit: A spectacular journey by cable car and cogwheel railway takes you to the summit for expansive mountain views over Lake Lucerne.
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the emotive Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and Chapel Bridge.
- Bern: Your exploration with a local historian through Switzerland’s capital includes seeing the floral displays, Cathedral of St. Vincent, Federal Palace, clock tower and Ogre Fountain.
- Gruyeres: Travel along valley floors covered with rich meadowland, to the pretty town of Gruyeres. Your Travel Director leads an orientation tour where you will see the main street and 13th century castle.
- Montreux: At the foot of the Alps this town boasts one of the most beautiful walks along Lake Geneva, join your Travel Director for an orientation before there is free time to explore.
- Chillon Castle: Led by your Local Expert, visit the castle set on a rocky islet in the lake. Following his walk through the dungeons in 1816, Lord Byron wrote the poem ‘The Prisoner of Chillon’. Look out for his name, which he carved into a pillar.
- Geneva: During your orientation, your Travel Director will show you the Jet d’Eau and Floral Clock.
- Lake Geneva: Enjoy first-class seats as you cruise on the serene waters of the King of Lakes, inspiration to the early Romantic movement.
- Martigny: View the Roman Amphitheatre during your orientation.
- Sion: Your Travel Director will show you the two fortress-churches, the cathedral and Old Town Hall.
- Zermatt: Your Travel Director will lead you on an orientation of this picturesque village, high in the mountains.
- Baveno: During your orientation with your Travel Director see the cobbled streets and 16th century square.
- St Moritz: If you think there’s no such thing as a free ride, you’d be mistaken! With your inclusive pass, travel on 13 cable cars, funiculars, chairlifts and select public transport options (when available). The crisp Alpine air is included in the deal.
- Glacier Express: Travel along the route of the world-famous Glacier Express, through looping tunnels and dizzying viaducts, in the scenic heart of the Swiss Alps, on a regional train fully powered by hydroelectricity.
- Lauterbrunnen: Enjoy your orientation of the village that takes its name from ‘many fountains,’ referring to the 72 waterfalls that are within the surrounding valley.
- Staubbach Falls: In the Valley of the Waterfalls, witness these magnificent falls that plunge 300 metres.
- Grindelwald: Explore this glacier village during an orientation led by your Travel Director.
- Brienz: Learn the history of woodcarving at the Jobin Swiss Woodcarving Centre.
- Zurich: During your orientation of the city, your Travel Director will show you the Grossmünster, Fraumünster and elegant Bahnhofstrasse.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these ti…
Welcome to Lucerne
Ascend the summit of Mount Stanserhorn
Bern, Gruyères and Montreux
Lake Geneva & the Swiss Countryside
Geneva and Scenic Lake Cruise
Martigny, Sion and Zermatt
Zermatt at Leisure
The Italian Lake District to Baveno
The Glamour and Glitz of St. Moritz
Leisure Time in St. Moritz
The Glacier Express
Grindelwald at Leisure
Rural Switzerland to Zürich