The Long White Cloud (Summer 2019)
The Long White Cloud (Summer 2019)
Delve into the scenic delights of New Zealand with a small group of explorers. Combine natural beauty with creature comforts as you stay in the rainforests of Franz Josef at the foothills of Mitre Peak in the Fiordland National Park, immerse yourself in to the era of art deco in Napier and journey into the deep south to the highland country of Dunedin. Experience the country in the best possible way – discover Milford Sound by sea kayak, explore the magical Glowworm Grotto and gain an insight in Maori culture with a unique Maori Hangi dinner and concert in Rotorua.
- Queenstown: Experience a first-class dining experience in one of Queenstown’s most popular and exclusive restaurants.
- Dunedin: Set in an old post office, this dinner is in a private room at Parcels Restaurant.
- Hawke’s Bay: Indulge in a wine tasting followed by a 3-course dinner at Mission Estate Winery, one of the region’s world famous wineries.
- Rotorua: Gather round for a feast of succulent meats and vegetables, cooked in a Hangi and prepared using the traditional Maori method of cooking over geothermal steam coming from the earth.
- Auckland: Celebrate in style at an elegant Celebration Dinner with wine in Auckland.
- Dining Summary: 21 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) and 13 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Christchurch: Journey on the iconic TranzAlpine Train.
- Christchurch: Visit the coastal town of Hokitika and find out about its local history.
- Franz Josef Glacier: Experience the impressiveness of this mighty natural wonder and meet a local jade carver.
- Haast River: Enjoy a fully enclosed jet boat ride down the Haast River.
- Makarora: Take part in an orientation in Makarora and hear about the beauty of this town.
- Queenstown: Experience Queenstown Your Way with a choice of joining a wine tour, viewing The Lord of the Rings film locations and scenery of Queenstown and Glenorchy on a scenic tour, or a relaxing massage in the spa.
- Queenstown: Take a walk in the Fiordland National Park to view the Chasm.
- Milford Sound: Sea kayaking is by far the best way to discover Milford Sound. Look out for the New Zealand fur seals, Fiordland crested penguins, famous blue penguins and even bottlenose dolphins.
- Tasman Sea: Board a cruise vessel and set sail out to the Tasman Sea.
- Dunedin: Take part in an exclusive tour of Larnach Castle.
- Christchurch: Stare in awe as you see Lake Pukaki and Tekapo, two of New Zealand’s most beautiful lakes.
- Christchurch: Enjoy a day of sightseeing in the vibrant city of Christchurch.
- Wellington: Take a cruise on Queen Charlotte Sound to cross Cook Strait.
- Wellington: See the sights of New Zealand’s capital during your orientation.
- Wellington: Explore Wellington Your Way with a choice of visiting Weta Cave, home of the creative wizards behind The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies, joining a local guide for a city walking tour around Wellington or a guided visit to Te Papa, New Zealand’s incredible national museum and art gallery.
- Napier: Take part in a guided tour of the city of Napier.
- Hawke’s Bay: Take your morning of leisure to explore the beautiful area of Hawke’s Bay.
- Huka Falls: Take a visit to the beautiful Huka Falls that drains from Lake Taupo.
- Rotorua: Learn about the city of Rotorua when you embark on a sightseeing tour.
- Rotorua: Visit the Whakarewarewa Living Village and gain an insight into the lives of the Maori community and their special bond with this ancient land.
- Rotorua: Visit the Rainbow Springs Nature Park to see a working kiwi nursery and hatchery and learn more about the conservation of this national creature.
- Rotorua: During your visit to Redwoods – The TreeWalk, enjoy the unique perspective from 12 metres above the ground.
- Waitomo Cave: Discover the native glowworms, fascinating, bright creatures of Waitomo Cave, with your Local Expert.
- Auckland: Enjoy a sightseeing tour around the city of Auckland.
- Waipoua Forest: Visit the Waipoua Forest which is home to the largest Kauri tree in existence.
- Waipoua Forest: Walk with a Maori guide and learn about the history and legend behind the Kauri tree.
- Bay of Islands: Cruise through some of the 144 islands in the Bay of Islands Maritime Park and view some very unique wildlife.
- Franz Josef: Surrounded by natural rainforest on New Zealand’s West Coast, Te Waonui Forest Retreat is a short drive from Franz Josef Glacier. This five-star retreat offers luxuriously appointed rooms which include organic cotton bed sheets, pillow menu and large private bathrooms.
- Wellington: Forming part of an exclusive collection of luxury hotels, the vintage-inspired Sofitel Wellington places you in the heart of the city near lush botanical gardens, stately parliamentary buildings and a collection of museums.
- Hawke’s Bay: Porters Boutique Hotel is a privately owned, boutique hotel that delivers a luxurious experience.
Inclusive Luxury Gold Services
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to safari jeep and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you’ll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt…
Welcome to Christchurch.
Christchurch to Franz Josef.
The Mighty Franz Josef Glacier.
Romantic Arrowtown and on to Queenstown
Queenstown Your Way.
Queenstown at leisure.
Queenstown to Milford Sound.
Milford Sound Cruise and Kayaking.
Milford Sound to Dunedin.
Larnach Castle and Dunedin at Leisure.
Dunedin to Christchurch.
Christchurch to Wellington.
Wellington Your Way.
Wellington to Hawke's Bay.
The Sights of Rotorua.
Footwhistle Cave and Auckland.
Auckland to Bay of Islands.
Bay of Islands at Your Leisure.
Cruise the Bay of Islands and onto Auckland.